Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My testimony

After reading Sis Jackie's testimony I thought at this time it would be a comfort to hear other Testimonies so here's mine please Sisters share yours too. When I was a small girl we were made to go to church and to Sunday school I too did the whole say the pray thing and thought I was good to go. I fell for the lies that the I was being taught by false profits. When my older sister Charlotte was 18 she was Baptized in the church in Long Beach and I went there off and on but continued to live in the world and sin. I would watch my sister and the people she went to church with and they all had this love for God and each other and this peace and I wanted it. I always said I wanted to be like my sister when I grew up she is very sweet and has a faith like you wouldn't believe than she moved to Boise and I really saw the love that the brethren has for God and each other and man I wanted that but the Devil kept me scared. I went to a sisters tea and was outside smoking yes I said smoking and Sister Renee came out to talk to me and told me she loved me even though I smoked I was surprised but pleased and than on an other visit to Boise I went to Brother Jimmy's and Sister Paula's house for a visit I was really having a battle God wanted me and so did the devil it felt like there was a real fight going on and I left my mom and Sister Charlotte at there house and drove around with my 1 year old daughter I am not sure for how long but I decided I needed to go get my mom and sister or I would be in big trouble so I went back and Brother Jimmy and I talked and God gave him the words I needed to hear that was a Friday on Sunday I wanted to give it all to God and be baptized so I was and it has been the best thing ever Now I am like my sister I have my faith and my love for God and no matter what no one can take that from me or the love I have with my brethren there is one more thing I want to tell I continued to smoke even though I knew God wanted me to stop and I felt very bad I was letting God down by the way I smoked for 36 years that was most of my life I felt close to God but knew I could be closer but the smoking thing stopped me than a few weeks ago I became very ill and almost died there I was couldn't breath running a fever the whole nine yards and I staggered out to the front door to go outside and have a smoke and I just stopped and begged God to help me and the desire just went away and I am now a non smoker thanks to my wonderful God I am closer than ever to him he is so awesome to love me so much well there it is how I became a sister in the faith

5 comments:

Cherrie said...

It is always nice to hear how others have come into the faith. Beautiful testimony!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Thanks for sharing with us, Sis. Charlene. I always love hearing how people come into the faith. Love youuu

Jackie said...

Thank you for sharing your story! I love to hear how others came to know the Lord.

Sister D said...

What a sweet testimony! It seems like no matter who's story I hear it always involves the words" I saw the love the brethren had for each other and wanted it so bad in my life" It proves the word of God time and time again " they will know we are His disciples by the love we have have for one another" Every time I think of that scripture I see Bro. Ed's dear face because He quotes it so often. I'm so thankful for being able to share God's love with you as my Sister. I see such a love in your heart for others. Brittany just cried when she opened the gift You, your Sissy and Lashanna sent. God knew it came on a day when she needed a smile.
Love you so much!

Sis Stubby said...

I love to here of the way our brothern came into the faith.
Sondra and I were talking about this the other day,